Monday, July 14, 2008

Letter / Email Writing Etiquette
by Phil Branch

I believe it was Dale Carnegie that said "It's not what you say but how you say it." This is a follow-up to post #2. Although I have written many lawmakers prior to finding a great link to email etiquette, that single page gives excellent guidelines to use when writing our politicians http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/a-guide-to-email-etiquette-427292.html So, if you were concerned how to properly format your letter and that was yet another reason for not writing, by all means click on the link above.

Some of what you will find there:
Refrain From SarcasmUse Proper Punctuation ( I use Microsoft Word then paste the letter into my email program )
Don't Waste People's Time
Include Your Contact Details
Salutation And Sign-Off

Take a look at the link above. I think you will find it more than worthwhile. NOW, Start Writing!!





Keep an eye on the Sky

1 comment:

Pam said...

Phil, Great job so far! I like that your putting the links in, especially to AFA and Christian Worldview Network...I forward those to all my friends...so I'm glad that your passin em on too! Look forward to reading some more...your on the right track! We must let our voice be heard! and stand for something..or else we'll fall for anything!